Thursday, March 15, 2007

Growing


Hey everyone.
Isnt growing hard? I think it time for me to do some growing spiritually. God wants a relationship with all of us. Ive always know this and I have tried to have that relationship with him. But what does it mean to have a relationship with him? Lets look it up....(hold on, super Carmen to Webster Dictionary)
Ok I am back,
relationship means......»
1: the state of being related or interrelated relationship between the variables>
2: the relation connecting or binding participants in a relationship: as a: kinship b: a specific instance or type of kinship
3 a: a state of affairs existing between those having relations or dealings relationship with his family> b: a romantic or passionate attachment

Hmmmm, I like 3b a passionate attachment, wow. Thats what God wants? Who doesnt want passion? Women.... I know your all thinking it. Awh I am listening to the radio, K-Love, "Jesus, lover of my soul...." thats the song on right now! God is wonderful, wow how he speaks to us, if we only seek him.

1 John 3:1 says, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" My kids have a little sign in their room that says, "Princess" with this scripture on it. God is the King of Kings, and who are we as his children.... as women we are Princesses! I love that.

From the movie "The Princess Diaries",
"Me, a princess?"
"You are the legal heir."
"I never lead anyone."
"We will help you to be a princess, to rule. If you refuse to accept the throne then the kingdom will cease to exist as we know it."

sidenote: (Oh, watch "One night with the King" Its the story of Esther. What a women was she, wow.)

Dont you feel this way? I do. Me? a princess I am just a small town girl, what important role can I play? How can I be a princess? I grew up around pastures and cows...... well, the answer, God will do it for you.

Jeremiah 31:3-4 says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, I have continued my faithfulness to you. Again, I will build you, and you shall be built..."

So, back to growing, its hard, but we are God's princesses! I am his princess and his is passionate about me, I am his!

Read: Ephesians 4:17-32, My bible title it "The New Life".

Ephesians 4:31-32 says, "Let all bitterness, and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one anoter, as God in Christ forgave you."

Ouch! My toes just got step on, I am guilty. I have done this so many times. I have some growing pains!

Also a good read Phillipians 2:12-18 titled "Lights of the World.

Phil 2:13 says, "For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure." Notice "HIS good pleasure", what!?! Its not about me! Yep, thats kind of hard to take sometimes.... I know I can get pretty selfish. I want what makes me happy, well, as Dr. Phil says "Hows that working for ya?" well its not.
Maybe if I give it to God, who created me, I can experience true happniess, I can! YES! Jeremiah 29: 11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." But dont stop there this best part is 29:12-13 "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart."
Oh, I love that part!? I am on an adverture to seek and to find, my God, who loves me with an everlasting love, to truely become the person HE created me to be. It wont be easy, it will be hard and I will look like a fool probably most of the time and as some say a hypocrite. But I will try my best to be Christlike. Thats all God really wants, our hearts! To give it all to him and try to be like him, and yes I will fail, lots of times, but I will, "press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained." Phil 3:14-16.

Wow, didnt know I had that much going on in there, lol. God is great and I love him very much, and I desire to know him more. Galatians 6:9 says, "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Press on, keep going!

Peace Out!
Carmen

No comments: